Breaking Down the Costs: Understanding the Factors that Determine the Price of a New Roof
When it comes to replacing a roof, there are several factors that can impact the cost of the project. At Atlantic Roofing Company, our goal is to help our customers understand these factors. We want to help homeowners make informed decisions about what kind of roof would best suite their style and needs so they can budget accordingly. Here are some items to consider when evaluating the cost of your roofing replacement.
- Roof Size: One of the most significant factors that impact the cost of a new roof is the size of the roof. The larger the roof, the more materials and labor will be required, and the higher the cost will be. Right now we are seeing roofing materials such as colored shingles become more widely available.
- Roof Pitch: You may have a small floor plan to your home, but something people forget is that it’s not the floor plan, but the pitch of your roof that can increase the cost. The pitch of a roof, or the angle at which the roof slopes, can add on extra costs to your roofing project. A steeply sloped roof will require more materials and labor, and will be more expensive to replace than a low-sloped roof.
- Materials: The type of materials used for a new roof can also impact the cost. Asphalt shingles are the most common and affordable option, but other materials like metal, tile, or slate can be more expensive. And don’t forget, asphalt shingles have seen recent increases in pricing as the cost of cast has risen because they’re both petroleum products.
- Labor: The cost of labor can vary depending on the region and the skill level of the roofing contractor. At Atlantic Roofing Company, we guarantee our team are reputable and experienced. We want to ensure that the job is done correctly and this saves you from future repair costs.
- Accessibility: The accessibility of the roof can also impact the cost of the project. A roof that is easily accessible will be less expensive to replace than a roof that is difficult to access or requires special equipment.
- Additional Services: Has a squirrel nibbled on some of your roof? Is there a hidden leak you’ve never noticed? At Atlantic Roofing we provide all services from start to finish to get you the brand new roof you need. Additional services include things like removing old shingles, installing new flashing, or adding insulation. These services will add to the overall cost of the project.
- Permits: Building permits may also be required for certain types of roofing projects, and these costs will need to be factored into the overall budget.
It’s important to note that, while cost is an important consideration, homeowners should not sacrifice quality for the sake of saving money. At Atlantic Roofing Company, we pride ourselves on being a reputable company, using high-quality materials, and ensuring that all necessary permits are obtained so you new roof will last for many years to come.