Six Advances in Roofing Technology
Technological advancements are visible in all aspects of human existence in today’s world. In the construction industry, roofing materials are also experiencing their fair share of technological improvements. In this post, we learn more about the latest advances in roof technology and discover how building owners and property developers benefit!
Advances in Roof Technology
In North Carolina, you can see the major difference between the hi-tech roofs of today and those of the past decades. Gone are the days when the roof was only seen as a structure that protects against nature’s elements. Roofs now play a critical role in efficient energy consumption and cost-effective construction.
As construction firms continue to grow with local markets, the demand for greater roofing technology also expands to support business management, roofing trends, and sustainable roofing. As a result, companies are now turning to new and cutting-edge advances in roofing technology to boost efficiency in job sites.
Top Advances in Roof Technology
Roof technology has changed over time and these advancements include changes in roof materials, type of design, and improved durability of existing roofing materials. How roofing materials are utilized in the residential and industrial setting has also changed significantly. Let’s take a closer look at the top advances in roof technology.
- Cool roofs – this type reflects more sunlight and absorbs less heat. Cool roofs are especially helpful in summer because they prevent sunlight and high temperatures from penetrating inside the home.
- Roof insulation – Roof insulation accomplishes higher R-values accompanied by polymetric blends and glass fiber to increase energy efficiency.
- Flat roof membranes – usually made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) which are great for optimal weatherproofing during rainy seasons.
- Fireproof roofing – this kind of roofs make use of materials such as wood shingles, shakes, slate, tile, volcanic rocks, and metals to draw heat away and resist fire.
- Synthetic roofing – many homeowners prefer using synthetic tiles and stones as they look the same as common roof materials such as slate and terracotta, but are lighter, more durable, and less expensive. Synthetic roofs work well with green roofs and other sustainable roofing technologies.
- Solar roofs – from cutting-edge solar panels to entire solar roofs (like the Tesla solar roof we have looked at previously) there are big things happening in the area of solar.
Benefits of Using Advanced Roof Technologies
New roof technologies make materials even more durable and by installing one of the various solar options, homeowners can save on energy costs. These new technologies have slightly higher prices than standard roofing, but in the long run, they will prove to be more cost effective.
Are you replacing your roof soon? There are plenty of exciting advances in roofing technology that could make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient! If you have questions or would like more information, please contact us at Atlantic Roofing Company. We can help answer your questions.